2023 marks the 39th year of Volunteers’ Week (1-7 June), when Saint Michael’s joins thousands of charities and voluntary organisations recognising the contribution volunteers make across the UK.
The contribution of volunteers is often unseen and unrecognised, visible only through the incredible impact of their volunteering. But to charities such as ours, your contribution is priceless!
We are fortunate enough to have around 500 people supporting us in this way and we are so very grateful to you all. Our volunteers are involved in almost every aspect of our vital work.
• You help keep our community shops thriving, bringing in vital income to keep our services going.
• You spend time listening and supporting local children, young people and adults with bereavement and emotional wellbeing.
• You give essential companionship and support to people living with a terminal illness, and their carers.
• You work hard to ensure our hospice grounds are safe and attractive places for patients, families, and staff to relax and find some peace.
• You provide essential administration support, and a friendly face at our reception areas.
• You turn up – in rain and shine - to collect funds in our community and help out at our events.
It is always humbling to reflect on the time, skills, dedication, and hard work that you so freely and generously give to us, and we thank you for everything you do.
Saint Michael’s Hospice